Elephant Room Consulting Pty Ltd ABN 93 168 298 888 (“Elephant Room” or “We”) manages the information that We collect from you in accordance with all applicable privacy legislation in Australia.
1. Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
Elephant Room collects personal information when you register with Elephant Room. If your personal details change, it is your responsibility to update your Elephant Room account with those changes, so that We can keep our records complete, accurate and up to date.
Elephant Room may also receive and record information from your internet browser and computer, including IP addresses, cookies (see section 2 below), software and hardware attributes and your page requests.
Elephant Room may use the information collected by it to provide the Elephant Room Services, including (but not limited to):
- identification and authentication;
- to protect Elephant Room and the users of the Site;
- to customise the content and any advertising displayed on the Site;
- to provide, maintain, protect and improve our services;
- providing your information to a user with whom you have or had a contract facilitated by Elephant Room;
- as required by law, order of a court, tribunal or regulator or if Elephant Room reasonably believes that the use or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary for enforcement related activities;
- to develop new service features;
- to ensure that Elephant Room receives payment of the fees due to it;
- to contact you (for example, to inform you about upcoming changes or improvements to our services);
- to conduct research;
- to permit content on the Site (such as postings or third party advertisements) to be targeted, on an aggregate basis, to the users for whom it is most likely to be relevant;
- to expand our user base;
- to develop our relationships with affiliate service providers; and
- to generate data reports on an aggregated, non-personally identifiable basis, for both internal and third party use, but subject to any applicable laws (for example, We may show advertisers or investors trends relating to the general use of Elephant Room’s services).
Your contact information may also be used for accounting, invoicing and billing purposes, marketing purposes, by third party service providers to Elephant Room, and to respond to any enquiry you make, in some cases information we collect is transferred overseas. When you contact Elephant Room, We may keep a record of the communication(s) between you and Elephant Room to help resolve any issues you might have.
2. Cookies and Anonymous Identifiers
3. Protecting and Maintaining Personal Information
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the information We hold about you from unauthorized access, use and disclosure, however We cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information, or that our systems will be completely free from third party interception or are incorruptible from viruses. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you send from your computer to us over the Internet will be protected by any form of encryption (encoding software). In light of this, We cannot and do not ensure or warrant the security or privacy of your personal information, including payment and account details. You transmit your personal information to us at your own risk.
4. Third Parties
The Site may contain links to third party websites including the networks of our valued affiliate service providers, advertisers.
Third-party vendors, including Google, may show Elephant Room ads on sites across the Internet.
When you register on the Site you may be given the opportunity to elect (“opt-in”) to receive updates on our latest services, news and special offers, and those of our valued affiliate service providers (“Marketing Material”), via your Elephant Room account, personal e-mail address, post or telephone.
You can click on the “unsubscribe” link in any email containing Marketing Material that We send you, or you can request an opt-out by emailing Elephant Room using the contact information provided on the Site. If you no longer consent to receiving Marketing Material then you must opt-out in one of these ways.
Elephant Room uses Remarketing with Google Analytics and Facebook to advertise online. Using the Ads Settings in a personal Google and Facebook account, visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics and Facebook for Display/Social Advertising and customize Google/Facebook Display Network ads.
Marketing Elephant Room and third-party vendors, including Google and Facebook, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on someone’s past visits to the Elephant Room website.
Using the Ads Settings in a personal Google account, visitors can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads.
6. Administrative Communications
Elephant Room reserves the right to send you administrative and account-related messages that you may not opt-out of. To cease all communications to you from Elephant Room you must close down your Elephant Room account.
7. Privacy Concerns